The 100th Show! At approx 45 min. each, it equates to 75 hrs., or more than three whole days of listening to us talk! Joining us to mark the milestone is WorldatWork’s CEO/Pres Scott Cawood to discuss the “New Work Exchange” and comedian/impressionist Rob Magnotti, who brings special guests Pacino, DeNiro, Cage, Walken, among others, to the proceedings.
Hosted and produced by BackBone’s Charles Epstein, Work in Progress is a weekly podcast about “work, life and everything in between.” Think Dilbert meets Marc Maron (host of the popular WTF podcast). Or, imagine Steven Colbert dropping into an executive meeting to poke holes in your open enrollment communications strategy. Charles and his partner Tom Alexander take on the day’s most pressing workplace issues with a healthy mix of insight, wit, and irreverence. Guests include people from the HR field – practitioners, brokers, vendors – and people outside the field, including prominent business execs, and execs from the world of sports, media, and entertainment…as well as entertainers and athletes themselves to lend relatable perspective on their day-to-day personal and business challenges.
Guest have included:
- Chris Frantz, co-founder and drummer for the seminal new wave band, the Talking Heads, who came on to discuss his best-selling memoir about everything from David Byrne to Johnny Ramone.
- Mauro Guillen, Wharton Professor who discussed his best-selling book, 2030, about major business, social, and technology trends spanning the next decade and beyond.
- Sid Rosenberg, sports guru currently co-host of The Bernie and Sid in the Morning show, discusses battling addiction and returning to the top of the radio profession
- Phil Morris, Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld, reveals how teamwork and leadership support helped allay the pressures of stepping into a #1 TV show
- John Zissimos, CMO of Google, discusses the unique, compelling, challenging workplace culture of the iconic Silicon Valley company.
So, congrats to Charles, his partner Tom Alexander and the entire Work in Progress team for delivering an informative, engaging and eclectic weekly podcast that routinely ranks among Podomatic’s top 30 Business Podcasts. Give it a listen – you’ll be hooked! And as they’re always on the lookout for great guests who enjoy “mixing it up,” email Charles at email@example.com with some background information and what you’d like to talk about.